Dr. Lotte Herwig
Fields of Law:
- Real estate law
- Construction law
- Architectural/engineering law
- Commercial landlord and tenant law
- Public procurement law
- Contract law
- Data Protection Law
Tel: +49 (0)30. 88 03 20 – 0
Fax: +49 (0)30. 88 03 20 – 10
Dr. Lotte Herwig, maiden name Meuth, is a partner at Jakoby Law Firm. She studied at Albert-Ludwigs-Universität in Freiburg and at the Università Tor Vergata in Rom, Italy. She completed her state exams with distinction. After her second state exam, she wrote her doctoral thesis on administrative and constitutional law with Professor Schoch in Freiburg. From 2004 to 2007, Dr. Herwig worked as a lawyer at Velten Franz Jakoby and since 2007, she has been working as a lawyer at Jakoby Law Firm in Berlin.
Dr. Herwig is a longtime specialist in project-related real estate, construction, and procurement law. She counsels and represents the public sector comprehensively with the preparation of awarded contracts, disclosures, procedural and bidder requests, and in review procedures.
Dr. Herwig is a sought-after consultant and lawyer for homeowners’ associations, particularly with developers, as well as joint building ventures, and cooperatives. Her success and expertise ranges from founding project companies to land acquisition to land division and includes all legal aspects of counsel surrounding construction, but especially those regarding larger residential construction projects. Here, she makes sure to keep the later utilization phase in sight. She also advises on all legal issues surrounding project realization from zoning procedures to construction defects, and has extensive experience in architectural and engineering law. Dr. Herwig also advises her clients on standard lease or rental agreements for specialty properties, such as hotel leases.
Because of her managerial role in the Am Urban Grundstücks GmbH & Co KG conversion of a hospital into 140 residential units from 2008 to 2010, she knows the special requirements and internal processes of a project company.
- Zulässigkeit des Einsatzes biometrischer Verfahren durch öffentliche Stellen, Duncker & Humblot, 2006.
- Mitautorin in “Public Procurement Law – An International Overview”, West Law 2011.
- Aufsatz “GmbH & Co KG versus GbR” in Stiftung Trias (Hrsg.) “Die KG als Rechtsform für Wohnprojekte”, 2014.
- Aufsatz „Rechtsformen für Baugruppen und gemeinschaftliches Wohnen“ in Dr. Anette Becker (Hrsg.) „Bauen und Wohnen in Gemeinschaft“, 2015.
- Zur Substantiierungslast des Bieters, Preis als alleiniges Zuschlagskriterium und Reichweite des Bestimmungsrecht (VK Niedersachsen, Beschl. v. 12.06.2015 – VgK-17/2015), Vergabeblog.de vom 06/09/2015, Nr. 23451.
- Wann muss Parteivorbringen unberücksichtigt bleiben? (OLG Düsseldorf, Beschl. v. 01.12.2015 – VII-Verg 20/15), Vergabeblog.de vom 11/04/2016, Nr. 25362.